What is a website?
A website is a set of web pages linked under a domain name and stored on a server bearing a unique IP address. It is more or less an upgraded version of a business card you can view through a digital link. It also has valuable info about a business and its products and services.
These days, a website is a crucial tool for businesses as most acquisition processes take place on the internet. Hence, an organization should review its strategy towards growing its customer base.
What is a web app?
A web app is a digital tool you can access on a browser via an internet connection and is hosted on a unique server. The significant difference between web and desktop or mobile apps is that you can view the former through a link, and it is unnecessary to download and install them.
A vital feature of this digital product is its responsiveness, which means that it can easily adjust to fit the physical dimensions of the device screen. Most web apps are built with HTML, React JS, Vue JS, Laravel, C#, Python, Java, and Node.js.
Advantages of a website
The significant advantages of a website include:
- Provides an avenue for displaying your products or services
- Assists in marketing your business on the internet
- Disseminates valuable information to other people in various aspects of life
Advantages of a web app
Below are some of the advantages of web apps:
- Allows you to develop a digital product that will improve various aspects of life and automate business processes
- A web app with a single codebase can work on multiple digital platforms and operating environments.
- You can view them without installing or downloading them from an app store.
- It takes less time to build them than mobile and desktop apps.
Disadvantages of Websites
Here are some demerits of websites:
- Regular updates on web design are necessary since design trends evolve every year.
- There is a constant need to update the website with helpful posts and videos to engage visitors and maintain high search engine rankings.
- You need to update the security measures from time to time to prevent the website from crashing.
Disadvantages of a web app
The significant demerits of web apps include:
- Unlike mobile and desktop apps, you cannot access them without an internet connection.
- Software developers need to test web apps on a range of browsers as they may appear different or not run-on older internet browsers.
Although big tech companies find it necessary to create web apps, most small and medium businesses prioritize owning websites over web apps. Whereas organizations use web apps to automate business processes and perform specific tasks, websites provide prospective customers with a clear picture of your business and the product and service you are selling. However, It is worth consulting a professional SEO agency to find out the best approach for your business.